Big Brothers Mentoring
Making a Difference While Having Fun
Make a positive impact on the life of a boy or young man by volunteering as a Big Brother Mentor. Teaching by example and acting as a role model, you’ll get to share stories and experiences and help a child discover their full potential.
As a Big Brother, you’ll be part of a program that strives to:
- Provide a role model and a friend for boys and young men;
- Promote the importance of staying in school and healthy relationships with family and peers;
- Instill trust and self-confidence to make healthy decisions;
- Encourage leadership skills and independent thinking; and
- Above all, make a difference while having fun!
Many Little Brothers describe this experience as life-changing. Many Big Brothers report the very same thing.
How Does Being a Big Brother Work?
In general, the Big Brothers Mentoring Program requires one regularly scheduled outing a month (lasting 2 to 4 hours), and a minimum of a one year commitment, as with all our mentoring programs.
These regular outings help build a relationship with your Little. Built on trust, respect, and common interests, these relationships are supported by experienced case workers.
Looking to Volunteer?
We are currently looking for volunteers who are stable, reliable, and ready to commit to a one-year match in the following areas:
- South of Walkley
- Riverside South
- Alta Vista
- Orleans (bilingual)