Game On! Group Mentoring
Eat Smart, Play Smart, and Live Smart
Game On! is a group mentoring program that provides boys and young men the with information and support needed to make informed choices about healthy lifestyles.
Non-traditional physical activities are complemented with healthy eating support. Participants are engaged in life skills, communication, and emotional health discussions that encourage the pursuit of lifelong healthy lifestyles.
Get Moving and Feel Good
Key findings in gender and education research have shown that male adolescents often struggle with body image, low levels of physical activity, and unhealthy eating habits.
Does any of this sound familiar? If so, it’s not surprising; boys and young men today struggle with the same issues and turmoil that all men have faced. The journey to adulthood isn’t always the easiest, but with help, support, and guidance from a mentor who cares and understands, it can be made easier.
Mentoring helps cement an active, healthy lifestyle that encourages and feeds self-esteem and confidence.
How it Works
Game On! consists of seven 75-minute core sessions that strives to:
- Through the lens of healthy living, openly discuss current and pressing issues facing boys and young men;
- Build appreciation for the benefits provided by healthy eating habits;
- Promote physical activity and exercise through non-traditional activities;
- Instill respect for diversity, including socio-economic, ethno-cultural, and racial diversity; and
- Above all, make a difference.