Jake’s House Legends Mentoring Program
Mentoring Makes a Difference
Funded though the Government of Ontario, the Legends Mentoring Program (LMP) is a pilot program which provides one-on-one support to children with autism (aged 6-18) with caring mentors. By spending quality time together weekly, children and mentors share meaningful experiences and build relationships. The children gain a personal advocate to understand, encourage and guide them. A collaboration between Jake’s House, Big Brothers Big Sisters Canada and the Government of Ontario.
Jake’s House is a community, providing meaningful support to families living with autism through mentorship and holiday parties.
As a Mentor, you’ll be part of a program that strives to:
- Provide a role model and a friend for a young person with autism;
- Increase community engagement and sense of inclusion;
- Improve social experiences;
- Instill trust and self-confidence to make healthy decisions;
- Above all, make a difference while having fun!
Looking to Volunteer?
We are currently looking for volunteers who are stable, reliable, and ready to commit to a one-year match in the following areas:
- All areas of Ottawa