Big Brothers Big Sisters of Ottawa is always looking for dedicated, committed individuals interested in working in a fast-paced, dynamic, and engaging environment, and who are passionate about helping to improve the lives of children in the City of Ottawa through mentoring.
Employment opportunities will be posted below as they become available. Qualified candidates are encouraged to send resumes to the contacts provided for each position. Only those candidates being considered will be contacted. No phone calls or e-mail follow-ups please.
Job Posting: Development Officer, Leadership Giving
Position: Development Officer, Leadership Giving
Reports to: Executive Director
Part time – 24hours/week, 3 day week
Working both in office and remotely the Development Officer, Leadership Giving will identify, cultivate and solicit leadership gifts from individuals and corporations ranging from $1,000 to $25,000. With a fundraising goal of $300,000 in gifts annually. Working closely with the Executive Director and Board of Directors, the Development Officer will develop prospect research strategies, case for support, a strategic fundraising plan and build relationships that move the mission of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Ottawa forward.
The Development Officer, Leadership Giving will maintain existing and build new donor relationships through effective communications, fundraising and stewardship strategies with the overall goal to inspire donors into sustainable giving through shared values and goals.
Scope of Role:
The duties below may be assigned as needed, additional responsibilities and back-up support of a comparable nature may be required.
- Leads the development and execution of leadership gifts and pledges
- Oversee development programs for BBBSO – fundraising goal of $280,000 – $400,000 in gifts annually.
- Identifies potential donors and develops strategies to solicit prospects.
- Develop and implement appropriate fundraising and stewardship plan for leadership gifts.
- Prepares materials for solicitation such as briefing materials, gift proposals and recognition materials.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with donors to understand affiliation and interests.
- Achieve a high level of collaboration to support all development streams including; major gifts, legacy giving, corporate partners and foundations.
- Apply metrics to fundraising plan including measuring reactivation, retention and attrition (for example).
- Supports fundraising activities
- Awareness of BBBSO through social media platforms to raise awareness and revenue.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of all new and on-going programs in order to speak knowledgably and enthusiastically about the work of the organization.
- Employ a professional and collaborative approach to growing strong working relationships with donors and stakeholders.
- Writes letters to assist the annual and family campaigns.
- Helps with the design of annual fund materials and ensures materials are up-to-date.
- Coordinates and executes all administrative details of fundraising activities
- Maintains data in the fundraising database relating to past and future activities with prospects and donors.
- Builds tours, private dinners and special meetings as part of the cultivation plan (for example).
- Fundraising professional minimum 3-5 years of experience within a fundraising environment in not for profit, soliciting gifts and pledges at the leadership level.
- Professional fundraiser with a proven track record of successful relationship management and meeting or exceeding fundraising targets; CFRE preferred.
- Understanding of the prospect to door moves management process and cycle.
- Compelling communicator, applying excellent written and oral communication skills to synthesize complex information into a strong case for support and fundraising appeals.
- Excellent social skills and comfort with public speaking.
- Strong skills with a donor database and office software.
- Experience using research tools to gather information on prospective donors.
- Energetic, positive, outgoing, self-directed, detail-oriented, passionate, collaborative; an out-of-the-box thinker willing to go the extra mile to achieve highest-possible results.
- Very comfortable to work very independently.
- Skilled relationship manager, able to interact with donors, build relationships, and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Experience preparing and presenting leadership proposals.
Work Environment: Big Brothers Big Sisters Ottawa is a comfortable working environment. The organization’s activities and programs offer exciting changes to work routine throughout the year. This position will include both in-office and remote work. In addition, some evenings and/or weekends may be required.
- Creative and flexible work environment
- Great work life balance
- Small, highly collaborative team
- Professional development allowance annually
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Ottawa (BBBSO) is a leading youth serving organization providing life changing mentoring relationships to youth ages 6-24 for over the past 50 years in Ottawa. The agency serves up to 1000 youth a year and continues to evolve with the current needs of the community. As an accredited agency within the Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada umbrella, BBBSO is guided by and follows all required National Standards to ensure our youth are safe and maintains the health of the agency.
Please Note: All candidates must successfully complete a Criminal Records check and a Vulnerable Sector check prior to commencing employment at Big Brothers Big Sisters Ottawa.
Posting Closes: December 23, 2020 at 5pm Interested parties please contact via email at email@example.com. Please include a cover letter and updated resume.
Please Note: Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.