In-School Mentoring Program
Go Back and Help a Child Go Forward
Our In-School Mentoring Program provides all children with a role model and friend to talk to all from the familiar space of their own school. Bigs and Littles will share experiences and stories of school and growing up for an hour every week.
How Mentoring Helps Children
Bonding over a board game, crafts, or hanging out in a playground helps kids reach their full potential. Mentoring programs can help keep kids in school, avoid bullying, and develop greater respect for their family, peers, and community.
But the benefits aren’t just social! This program strives to:
- Provide a role model and friend for children;
- Promote the importance of staying in school and healthy relationships with family and peers;
- Instill trust and self-confidence to make healthy decisions;
- Encourage leadership skills and independent thinking;
- And above all, make a difference while having fun!
Mentoring Makes a Difference
According to a 2005 study…
of Mentors saw a positive change in the child they were mentoring
of students showed improved literacy skills
of students developed higher levels of self-esteem