Mentor Support Training
Learn How to Support Children and Youth
BBBSO is constantly evolving thanks to your feedback. We now provide Mentor Support Training on a variety of topics relating to child and youth development and other topics relating to the diverse youth enrolled in our programs.
As an agency serving diverse youth in Ottawa, we are always learning new ways to support the children and youth in our community. As a mentor, you have a tremendous impact in the life of a mentee, and we are so thankful for the difference you make by supporting young people through mentorship.
Community Mentor Training
As leaders in the mentoring movement, Big Brothers Big Sisters Ottawa is happy to collaborate with the community by providing mentor training to your community or agency. We are happy to provide consultations to share best practice information pertaining to mentoring programs and Mentor Training on topics related to healthy relationships for children and youth through mentorship.
Our training modules are a great way for you to connect, network and learn with current or new volunteers. We provide evidence based and Best Practice training on the following topics.
- Effective Mentoring and Healthy Relationships
- Natural Relationships
- Children and Youth Rights
- Goal Setting with Mentees: Strength-Based Approach
- Closure and Termination of a Match
- Strength Bases Suicide Prevention, Bullying Prevention, Substance Abuse model based on the principles of Sources of Strength and other Best Practice and evidence based training models and research
- Children and Youth with Exceptionalities
- Positive Youth Developement
- Developmental Trauma
- Understanding Behaviours: Challenging Behaviours and Effective Positive Behavioural Strategies
- Youth in Care and Attachment
- Crisis Management
- Fostering Resiliency
It is our goal to make sure you have the tools you need and feel supported through your mentoring relationship. Please suggest other training topics that you would feel could help support your mentoring relationship.
Safe and Successful Mentoring
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Ottawa is part of the bigger picture! Our national team has mandatory standards that are regularly revised using your feedback, creating stronger screening processes and continuing to provide safe and successful mentoring to children and youth in Ottawa.
More information OR Request a training
- For your volunteers
- For your staff or
- Have your volunteers join BBBSO Mentor Support Training
Please contact Louanne Desbiens at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (613)247-4776 ext. 322