On November 24, 2020 Big Brothers Big Sisters hosted a virtual Breakfast Fundraiser and raised $30,000 to support mentoring matches here in the Ottawa community! Organized by the fantastic ITM Events, and sponsored by Modern Niagara and Marant Construction, the event had some incredible local support including:
- A personal video from CBC News Anchor Omar Dhabaghi-Pacheco telling us about how being a Little Brother impacted his life
- A compilation video from BBBSO supporters and athletes, Alex Mateas of the Ottawa Redblacks, Ottawa Fury’s own Eddie Edward, and hockey Olympian, Genevieve Lacasse
- Videos and interviews from local existing matches Sandra & Teigan and Terry & Liam
- An interview with former BBBSO Board member, and Big Sister Linda Graupner
- A message from Visiting Professor, Faculty of Common Law, uOttawa, Maureen McTeer
- The support and guidance of host and BBBSO supporter Sam Laprade
- Musical performance by Jessica Pearson
THANK YOU to all our table captains, to the participants, and to EVERYONE who donated and provided their time to support this important annual event supporting essential and life-changing matches right here in the community. It costs approximately $1,000 per match per year to help young people facing adversity and as you can imagine, especially at this time, many more matches could be made with the funding to do so.
Want to donate and support matches?
Donations – especially monthly amounts – are ALWAYS welcome. Go to www.bbbso.ca/donate to donate today!