WHAT WE DO TODAY MAKES A DIFFERENCE TOMORROW
Mentoring a child as a BIG gives you the opportunity to provide young children (ages 6-14) with a role model and friend; somebody to talk to, share experiences about growing up with, and to help them discover their full potential.
As a BIG, you’ll be a part of a program that strives to:
- Provide a role model and friend to young people;
- Promote the importance of staying in school and healthy relationships with family and peers;
- Instill trust and self-confidence to make healthy decisions;
- Encourage leadership skills and independent thinking; and,
- Above all, make a difference while having fun!
MANY OF OUR BIGS DESCRIBE THIS EXPERIENCE AS LIFE-CHANGING FOR THEM AS IT IS FOR THEIR LITTLES.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The BIGS Community Mentoring Program requires one regularly scheduled outing a week (lasting 2 to 4 hours), and a minimum of a one-year commitment.
With regular outings, you build a relationship with your Little. This relationship is founded on trust and common interests, and is supported by experienced caseworkers.
Our application process makes it easier for you to apply! If you think you are ready to be #BiggerTogether, click here!
To learn more about becoming a mentor, volunteering, or donating to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Ottawa, please contact us today.
Time Commitment: 2-4 hours/week, evenings and/or weekends, minimum of one year
Children ages 6-14
Virtual options available
This application is for adults (ages 18+)