MPower Youth Mentoring
Mentoring Makes a Difference
Funded through the Ontario Trillium Foundation, MPower matches youth (aged 15-24) with mentors to encourage and empower them to identify their strengths, explore their passions and achieve their goals as they journey towards adulthood. This connection creates a supportive relationship built on mutual respect and helps youth develop relationship skills and connections essential for successful transitions to independent adulthood.
10 hours/month and a minimum 2 year commitment
As a Mentor, you’ll be part of a program that strives to:
- Provide a role model and a friend for young men and women;
- Encourage and empower them to identify their strengths, explore their passions and achieve their goals;
- Instill trust and self-confidence to make smart and healthy decisions;
- Encourage leadership skills and independent thinking; and
- Above all, make a difference while having fun!
Looking to Volunteer?
We are currently looking for volunteers who are stable, reliable, and ready to commit to a two-year match in the following areas:
- South of Walkley
- Riverside South
- Alta Vista
- Orleans (bilingual)
Ready to be a mentor?
If you think you are ready to apply to be part of this or another core mentor program, our new online application process makes it much easier than in the past!
To learn more about becoming a mentor, volunteering, or donating to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Ottawa, please contact us today.