Many employers will match your donations to registered charities like BBBSO. In addition, some employers will donate to charities you volunteer for.
Benevity is a platform many employers use (Apple, RBC, TD and more!) where employees can make donations, which are then matched by their employer. Big Brothers Big Sisters of Ottawa is a registered charity with Benevity.
UNITED WAY DESIGNATION
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Ottawa is a proud community partner of the United Way of East Ontario. By designating your United Way donation to BBBSO, you will be supporting young people in your own community. Contact your local United Way for details.
FUNDRAISE FOR BBBSO
Fundraising in support of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Ottawa is a great way to get your family, friends, colleagues, and community involved in making a BIG difference in the lives of local young people.
The possibilities are endless! Celebrate birthdays and milestones, host a bake sale or garage sale, have a “dress down” day at work, or choose BBBSO as the charity of choice for your golf tournament, event or holiday party. Create your own fundraising page in minutes, by selecting the button below, or contact Monique firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-247-4776 x 319.
PARTNER WITH US
Our ability to innovate and collaborate and our history of demonstrated success with some of the most recognized brands in Corporate Canada makes us an ideal charitable partner for companies interested in pursuing large-scale, comprehensive cause-related marketing campaigns as well as those simply exploring a budding interest in community investment or sponsorship.
For those who are new to corporate social responsibility programs, we can help you achieve tangible business benefits:
- enhanced brand perception by associating with our organization
- increased awareness by leveraging our reach
- influencing consumer choice and increased sales/profits by differentiating your product/company
- increased productivity and employee satisfaction through employee engagement
Ways to partner with us include:
- Employee engagement: Employee engagement, which may be aligned with job satisfaction, is about workers’ connection and commitment to their organization.Research shows that employees who are given the opportunity to give back to their community through their employer are more productive, feel more positive about the company that they work for and are more engaged.We have various employee engagement opportunities to fit your needs. Whether your company wants to participate in a fundraising event, a Power of Mentoring event, or would like to give employees time off to volunteer as a mentor in our In-School Mentoring program, we can discuss creative opportunities to meet your unique business challenges.
- Sponsor an Event: Sponsorship of our annual fundraising or community events helps young people and provides brand exposure for your company. We work with you to meet your marketing and budgetary needs.
- Proceeds of Sale / Cause-Marketing: Sometimes the easiest way to donate is to just carry on with business as usual. Donate a set percentage of sales to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Ottawa over a specific time period. Your customers will feel good purchasing your products, knowing that they are also helping local youth.
- Host a Power of Mentoring event: This event series focuses on career mentoring, giving young adults the chance to explore a variety of future opportunities. In these unique events, youth aged 15-24 have the chance to talk to passionate mentors in a one-on-one, virtual setting. We’re always looking for new types of businesses and industries to showcase to our youth. Learn more here.
TICKETS AND IN-KIND DONATIONS
Your gift of tickets can provide activities for our matches to enjoy together, and offer new experiences to our youth.
Examples of In-Kind donations we accept are:
- Tickets to events, activities, summer camps
- Gift cards (grocery, retail, clothing, restaurant, coffee shop)
- Gift baskets
- New books, toys, games, electronics
- PPE (masks), hand sanitizer
- Business Services: design, print, translation, consulting
We also accept gently used clothing, shoes, accessories, textiles and linens through our Clothes For Kids’ Sake program.