For Community Referrals: If you are a community/youth agency or school and would like to learn more about the programs or have a referral, please connect with the Enrolment Coordinator, Stephanie Chretien-Gaudreau, at (613) 247-4776 ext. 324 or email@example.com
FOR PARENT(S) & GUARDIAN(S)
Please review the steps below and complete the online inquiry form here .
Those who do not have access to the internet can contact the Enrolment Coordinator by phone, Stephanie Chretien-Gaudreau at (613) 247-4776 ext. 324
The purpose of the inquiry form or phone call is to discuss the motivations for having a Big Brother/Sister and assess suitability for the program. If the eligibility criteria is met, the parent/guardian will be invited to attend a Parent/Guardian Information Session. Please monitor spam/junk mail in addition to inbox for an invite to register for this session from our Enrolment Coordinator, Stephanie Chretien-Gaudreau (firstname.lastname@example.org), after you have completed the inquiry. Please allow 2-3 business days for the invite to be sent.
ENROLLING A LITTLE PROCESS:
*Please note this process is intended for our community-based programs (Big Brother, Big Sister for youth ages 6-14)
- Complete inquiry form below.
- After inquiry has been submitted you will receive a link 2-3 days after submission to register for our mandatory virtual parent information session.
Please monitor your Junk/Spam folder for this invite. In this session, parents/legal guardians will learn about Big Brothers Big Sisters and the commitment involved for all parties. Currently, this session is being held virtually, via Microsoft Teams. Parent/legal guardian must attend the session. Once the session is completed, all attendees will receive an application.
- Application must be completed and returned to Program Assistant should you feel the inquired youth is suitable for program of interest. Once application is reviewed, our Enrollment Coordinator will contact parent/legal guardian to book a family interview/screening to ensure program is suitable. The family interview is divided into two sections. The Enrolment Coordinator will meet with the parent(s)/guardian(s) individually and then with the child.
- Once family interview is completed and program requirements are met we will schedule a time to complete mandatory Child Safety training with parent (s)/ guardian (s) and youth.
- Once all steps are completed, the file is reviewed and a decision is made by the agency to accept/not accept the youth into the program of interest.
Should the youth not be accepted into the BBBSO program, parent(s)/ guardian(s) will be notified of the decisions and will be provided with other appropriate community resources that could be of support to the family.
Please note: Children accepted into the Big Brother Big Sister program are placed on our waitlist. As many factors go into finding a mentor. We cannot guarantee how long a child will wait to be matched
MPOWER (For youth ages 15-24)
All MPOWER Inquiries please complete the inquiry form below, and a staff member will be in touch within 2-3 business days.