WHAT WE DO TODAY MAKES A DIFFERENCE TOMORROW
Mentoring a child as a Big Sisters Mentor gives you the opportunity to provide a girl and young woman with a role model and friend; somebody to talk to and share experiences about growing up.
As a Big Sister, you’ll be part of a program that strives to:
- Provide a role model and a friend for young girls and young women;
- Promote the importance of staying in school and healthy relationships with family and peers;
- Instill trust and self-confidence to make healthy decisions;
- Encourage leadership skills and independent thinking; and
- Above all, make a difference while having fun.
MANY OF OUR BIG SISTERS DESCRIBE THIS EXPERIENCE AS LIFE-CHANGING FOR THEM AS IT IS FOR THEIR LITTLES.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The Big Sisters Mentoring program generally requires one regularly scheduled outing a week, with each outing lasting 2 to 4 hours. For any of our mentoring programs, we require a minimum one year commitment.
With regular outings, you build a relationship with your Little. This relationship is founded on trust and common interests, and is supported by BBBSO’s experienced caseworkers.
LOOKING TO VOLUNTEER?
Our new application process makes it easier for you to apply! If you know you are ready to apply to be a Big, it’s time to be #BiggerTogether!
Time Commitment: 2-4 hours/week, evenings and/or weekends, minimum of one year
Youth ages 6-14
Virtual options available
This application is for adults (ages 18+)